Christopher B. Slusser
Christopher B. Slusser, Esq., is the founder of Slusser Law Firm, one of the preeminent legal service providers in Eastern Pennsylvania.
He is admitted to practice law in all trial and appellate courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and the State of New Jersey, the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Attorney Slusser is a member of the American Trial Lawyers Association, the Pennsylvania Association of Justice (formerly the Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association), the American Bar Association, the Pennsylvania Bar Association, the Luzerne County Bar Association, the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitor's Association, and the Pennsylvania Association of Township Solicitors. Attorney Slusser has also served as a Regional Director of the Pennsylvania School Board Solicitor’s Association.
A native of the Hazleton area, he graduated from Pennsylvania State University. He earned his Juris Doctor from Widener School of Law. Before starting law school, Attorney Slusser worked on a garbage truck and got his hands dirty every day. His family taught him the value of a strong work ethic and showed him that hard work pays off.
Attorney Slusser is truly no stranger to hard work. If there is a will, there is a way – and Attorney Slusser will do whatever it takes to get the job done. Even decades later, he does not lose sight of where he came from. Attorney Slusser showcases his upbringing through his representation – he understands where his clients are coming from and what they are going through. He knows how tough it is when you can’t make ends meet and pay the bills because you’ve been in an accident. Attorney Slusser firmly believes in the old adage “treat others how you want to be treated,” and he implements this ideal into his legal practice.
Before starting his own practice, Attorney Slusser practiced law with firms in the Hazleton area. He also worked with the Public Protection Division of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General.
With extensive civil and trial practice experience, Attorney Slusser focuses heavily on these areas of the law. Additionally, many governing bodies in the Hazleton area rely on Attorney Slusser's experiences and Slusser Law Firm to provide excellent legal services.
His legal service in the government sector includes:
- Solicitor, Hazleton Planning Commission (1998-1999)
- Solicitor, Hazleton Zoning Board of Appeals (1998-1999)
- Assistant Solicitor, Hazleton City Authority (1996-1999)
- Solicitor, Black Creek Township (1999-2009)
- Assistant Solicitor, City of Hazleton (2000-2005)
- Solicitor, City of Hazleton (2006-2015)
- Solicitor, Office of Community Development, Hazleton (2000-2015)
- Solicitor, Luzerne County Planning Commission, (2002-2009)
- Solicitor, Luzerne County Zoning Board of Appeals (2002-2009)
- Solicitor, Luzerne County Agricultural Preservation Board (2002-2009)
- Solicitor, West Hazleton Borough (2001-2003) (January 2006-present)
- Solicitor, Hazleton Area Realtors Association (1998-2010)
- Solicitor, Nescopeck Township Zoning Board of Appeals (2002-present)
- Solicitor, Lehigh Township Planning Commission (2005-2007)
- Solicitor, Hazleton Area School District (2002-present)
- Special Litigation Counsel for Hazleton City Authority (2004-2010)
- Solicitor, EMARR (2005-2010)
- Solicitor, Warrior Run Borough (2005-2010)
- Solicitor, Conyngham Borough (2006-2013)
- Solicitor, Conyngham Borough Authority (2007-2015)
- Solicitor, McAdoo Borough Sewer Authority (2010-present)
- Solicitor, Butler Township Auditors (2011-2015)
- Special Litigation Counsel for Borough of White Haven (2004-2010)
- Solicitor, Schuylkill Valley Sewer Authority (2011-present)
- Lower Paxton Township Special Counsel (2012-present)
- East Union Township Zoning Hearing Board Solicitor (2013-2014)
- Solicitor, Banks Township (2014-present)
- Solicitor, Shenandoah Borough (2015-present)
- Solicitor, Hollenback Township (2015-present)
- Solicitor, Hazle Township (2015-present)
Attorney Slusser is also very involved in the community having served on the CAN DO Board of Directors. He is also a Greater Hazleton Area Chamber of Commerce member and member of other civic groups and benevolent organizations.