John Lucas is a member of Slusser Law Firm in Hazleton, Pennsylvania. Since entering private practice in 1988, he has concentrated on personal injury claims, complex real estate litigation, commercial disputes, insurance litigation discrimination claims, and the defense of products liability and premise liability claims. He has represented clients in federal courts and state courts throughout Pennsylvania. Attorney Lucas has represented insurance companies and self-insured corporations in products liability, premises liability, and other commercial litigation disputes.
In addition, he represents individuals injured in automobile accidents, products liability claims, and premises liability claims. He also handles professional negligence claims, helping employees who are victims of sexual assault, discrimination, and wrongful discharge.
Attorney Lucas has handled cases involving:
- The premature discharge of a firearm
- An individual who suffered an amputation by a machine
- Individuals involved in automobile accidents, including wrongful death and survival cases
- Individuals seriously injured at a local amusement park due to a malfunctioning ride
- Individuals involved in construction accidents
- Individuals injured due to the failure to properly maintain commercial vehicles
- Individuals injured in tractor-trailer accidents
- Individuals injured by tainted food
- Individuals injured while visiting a business due to a dangerous condition
- Individuals injured due to defective ATVs and other automobiles
- Individuals injured in complex medical negligence cases including failure to timely diagnose and treat medical problems
He has worked for insurance companies, mentoring young agents and teaching insurance. He knows how insurance companies settle claims and what it takes to reach a resolution.
Attorney Lucas has given numerous lectures to various real estate professionals on topics including ways to avoid litigation. He has represented real estate agents and brokers throughout Pennsylvania in litigation and various administrative licensure proceedings.
He has been active in various bar association activities, volunteering his time for the KDKA, You and the Law Program, and the Mini Course for Oliver High School. Attorney Lucas has served as a volunteer judge for the University of Pittsburgh, School of Law and University of Duquesne, School of Law moot court competitions.
He has served on the claims committee for the January 1996 Port Authority Accident. He has been a member of the Big Brother/Big Sister Program. He has served as a member of the board of directors for community organizations.
Attorney Lucas received his undergraduate degree at the University of Scranton and his law degree at Duquesne University School of Law.