Joseph R. Baranko, Jr.
Attorney Joseph R. Baranko, Jr. is a member of the Slusser Law Firm team. He earned his Juris Doctor from Temple University School of Law in 1983 and a Bachelor of Arts in political science from Elizabethtown College in 1980.
Having previously handled defense work for decades, Attorney Baranko has extensive experience practicing workers’ compensation. He uses his defense experience to inform his representation for injured workers. Attorney Baranko has also represented numerous clients in bankruptcy, Social Security disability, wills and estates, real estate, and general corporate law cases.
He has served as a solicitor for many municipal clients including:
- Kline Township
- Banks Township
- McAdoo Regional Sewer Authority
- McAdoo Borough Council
- Kline Township Zoning Hearing Board
- Hazleton Planning Commission
- Carbon County Tax Claim Bureau (special assignment for bankruptcy cases)
- Kidder Township Planning Commission (co-solicitor)
- Butler Township Board of Supervisors (Luzerne County)
- Butler Township Planning Commission (Luzerne County)
He briefed and argued the Readinger v. W.C.A.B. case in 2004 regarding earning power assessments and labor market surveys.
Attorney Baranko is a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Law Section, Schuylkill County Bar Association, Luzerne County Bar Association, and Middle District Bankruptcy Court Bar Association.